We have adopted a new concept in Neutering called Early age Neutering in small animals. In this procedure, we do neutering for dogs and cats starting from 2 months of age. This procedure is very good for those who are working with stray dogs and cats. This is a wonderful method of birth control for stray animals. People and Organizations working with stray animals can bring their stray kittens and puppies to do this procedure and thus an effective way to control the stray animal population. We use a combination of Anastasia that is safe & tolerant by puppies and kittens, the benefit of early age neutering is the healing process is quicker.
Neutering – Spay (Female)
Advantages of Spay:
- Reduce Population.
- Reduce the attraction of the male gender.
- Decrease mammary gland tumors
- Reduces chances of a cat going astray.
Neutering -Castration (Male)
This is performed under general Anesthesia. The testicles are exposed, ligated (tied off), and removed. There are typically a few sutures in a dog castration; the sutures are removed in 7-10 days with a limit on exercise. Veterinary Surgical Services in Muscat Oman.
Advantages of Castration:
- Decreases the likelihood of marking, and wandering for females.
- Decreases chances of testicular tumors.
- Decreases the chances of fighting and the cat going astray